The South London Gallery and SPACE are delighted to announce that Eoghan Ryan has been selected as the Nina Stewart Artist-in-Residence for 2012-13.
Eoghan Ryan completed his BA at National College of Art and Design in Dublin in 2010 and he recently finished his Masters in Fine Art at Goldsmiths College, University of London.
The Nina Stewart Artist Residency is an open submission 6-month residency opportunity available to artists graduating in 2012 with a postgraduate MA, MFA or MRes from a UK institution.
The residency enables the production of a new body of work and is a rare opportunity for a recent graduate to exhibit within an internationally renowned institution. Between October 2012 and March 2013, Eoghan Ryan will receive the following:
- Rent-free accommodation in the South London Gallery’s Outset Artists’ Flat.
- A rent-free studio in SPACE’s Peckham studio complex on Haymerle Road.
- A bursary of £5,000 towards living expenses and production costs.
- Monthly mentoring sessions with invited artists, curators and writers, as well as the Director and staff of the South London Gallery.
- An opportunity to exhibit in the SLG’s first floor galleries.
The Nina Stewart Artist Residency with the South London Gallery and SPACE is funded by The Nina and Roger Stewart Charitable Trust, with additional support from Bloomberg.