South London Gallery Graduate Residency
Artist-in-Residence 2015/16: Paul Maheke, Mutual Survival, Lorde's Manifesto, HD video (diptych), 2015. Photo by Mathilde Veyrunes
Dorine van Meel
Artist-in-residence 2014-15: Dorine van Meel. Image courtesy the artist, 2014.
Artists-in-residence 2013-14: Julia Crabtree and William Evans. Image courtesy the artists, 2014.
Artists-in-residence 2013-14: Julia Crabtree and William Evans. Image courtesy the artists, 2014. Photo: Ollie Hammick
South London Gallery Graduate Residency 2016/2017
This year the South London Gallery Graduate Residency is an open submission six month residency opportunity available to artists completing a postgraduate MA, MFA, PGDip, MRes or equivalent programme of study, from a national institution, collective, or art school in the UK between October 2015 and October 2016.
Between November 2016 and May 2017, the resident will receive the following:
- rent-free accommodation and work space in the South London Gallery’s Outset Artists’ Flat;
- a bursary of £5,000 towards living expenses and production costs;
- monthly mentoring sessions with invited artists, curators and writers, as well as the Director and staff of the South London Gallery;
- an exhibition in the SLG’s first floor galleries.
The residency enables the production of a new body of work and a rare opportunity for a recent graduate to exhibit within an internationally renowned institution.
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from those based outside of London; in this instance support for significant travel will be offered to those invited to interview.
To be eligible for the residency applicants must:
- have completed a postgraduate MA, MFA, PGDip, MRes or equivalent programme of study in an arts discipline from a national institution, collective or art school, including Ireland, Scotland and Wales between October 2015 and October 2016;
- be a UK/EU resident or hold a valid work visa with right to stay in the UK during the stated period of residency.
To apply for the South London Gallery Graduate Residency please email your application to email@example.com by Friday 2 September 2016 at 12noon. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Applications should include:
- a completed application form (Please note that the total content of the application form, including images, must not exceed 9.5MB. We can also accept the five images via a download link);
- a CV listing details of education and qualifications attained and details of any recent exhibitions, commissions, awards, publications and employment - two pages maximum;
- five images, video links or audio clips of recent work.
Interviews will take place at the South London Gallery on Thursday 13 October 2016, if necessary, support for travel can be provided.
We regret we are unable respond to all applicants, if you have not heard anything by Friday 7 October 2015 you should assume your application has been unsuccessful.
The South London Gallery receives ongoing support from:
Arts Coucil England, Southwark, Outset