Learn how to use drawing and collaging techniques to reveal the hidden textures and surfaces of the South London Gallery studio and garden.
Create rubbings and drawings on a large scale before attaching these together to make your own exciting ‘map of textures’ to display and show to others.
Sessions are self-directed and open to all, but designed for children aged 3-12 years old. The space is supported by the SLG’s Art and Play team.
Please book 1 ticket per family group of under 6 people; for family groups of more than 6, please book 2 tickets. We welcome families in every form.
Our artist-led Sunday Spot workshops are open on the last Sunday of the month.
Rebecca is an Artist educator and runs workshops that advocate an exploratory, inventive and tactile approach to drawing and making. She has worked with schools across London, galleries and organisations including Bow Arts, The Drawing Room, London Drawing, Whitechapel Gallery, RIBA and Gerald Moore Gallery.
- Families will be allocated their own space to work in the studio, to maintain social distancing between bubbles, and asked to keep to their own space as much as possible.
- The garden space will be open and accessible for families to stretch out if they need to get moving.
- Materials will be individualised so that there is no sharing of materials between bubbles.
- Parents or carers will be asked to wear face masks inside, unless exempt.
We’ll be following government guidance, so please be advised that sessions may be cancelled if new restrictions come into place and check ahead of making your journey.
- The session is free but ticketed, visitors must have a booking to access the activity.
- The room is likely to be noisy.
- The activity is not seated. Chairs are available upon request.
- Ear plugs, ear defenders, magnifying glasses and wheelchairs are all available.