If you need assistance with your visit please contact us on +44(0)20 7703 6120 or email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do everything we can to make sure you have a positive experience at the SLG.
We are currently working on improving our accessibility information. Please let us know if there is something missing on this page or if you have any feedback.
On site facilities
- The SLG has step-free access throughout its gallery spaces, Clore Studio, café, and gardens.
- We recommend that visitors with motorised wheelchairs and mobility scooters use the 67 Peckham Road entrance, by the South London Louie café entrance.
Toilets and baby change
- Accessible toilets are available by the Main Gallery, in the café, in the Clore Studio and in the Fire Station.
- Baby change facilities are available by the Main Gallery, in the café and in the Clore Studio.
- All toilets in the SLG Fire Station are gender neutral. In the Main Building gender neutral toilets are available by the Main Gallery, in the café and in the Clore Studio.
- Chairs are available to borrow in the exhibition spaces by asking a member of staff.
- The café has indoor and outdoor seating.
- The Fire Station has outdoor seating.
Registered service animals
- Registered service animals are welcome in all areas of the South London Gallery. Owners are expected to take responsibility for their registered service animal throughout their visit. No other animals are permitted in our buildings.
Carer and companion tickets
- All exhibitions are free of charge.
- Visitors can request a free companion or carer ticket to paid events by calling or emailing our team.
Visual, auditory and physical access
- Information about current exhibitions and events are available in large print. Large print information can be found in the leaflet boxes outside of the galleries.
- Magnifying glasses, ear protectors, ear plugs and a folding wheelchair are available to borrow, please ask a member of our team.
- Look at our Visual Story to find out more about our spaces.
- Wednesday evenings from 6-9pm are usually a quieter time to visit but we cannot guarantee how busy the gallery may be at any time.
- If you need a quiet space during your visit, please speak to a member of staff who can give you access to somewhere suitable.
Off site facilities
- The nearest changing places toilet is at Cambridge House, Addington Square SE5 0HF, 1.0 miles from the South London Gallery
- There are no parking facilities at the South London Gallery, but there is pay and display parking on the surrounding streets.
- The parking bays on Talfourd Road, Crofton Road, Shenley Road and Bushey Hill Road all operate paid parking from 8.30am-6.30am Monday-Friday and are free to use on Saturday and Sunday.
- There are Blue Badge parking spots on Shenley Road (1), Crofton Road (8), Bushey Hill Road (1), Grummant Road (5) and Talfourd Road (1). We have mapped the nearest Blue Badge parking bays, this was last updated in October 2022.
- An interactive map of nearby parking can be found on the Southwark Council website.
- By Overground
- The nearest overground station to the South London Gallery is Peckham Rye. It is 0.8 miles, or a 15 minute walk from the gallery.
- The nearest station with step-free access is Denmark Hill. It is 1.0 miles from or a 20 minute walk from the gallery.
- By Underground
The nearest Tube stations are:
- Oval (Northern Line, approx 1.6 miles) then take bus 36 or 436.
- Vauxhall (Victoria Line, approx 2.6 miles) then take bus 36 or 436.
- Elephant & Castle (Northern Line, approx 2.2 miles) then bus 12 or 171.
- Alight at ‘Peckham Road/Southampton Way’.
- Accessible Transport for London Tube guides are available to download from the TFL website.
- The following buses stop at the South London Gallery: Routes 12, 36, 171, 343, 345 and 436.
- Alight at ‘Peckham Road/Southampton Way’, 289 ft from the gallery.
- There are a limited number of cycle parking spaces located at the entrance of the both the Main Gallery and the Fire Station.