We welcome self-led visits from primary schools, secondary schools and colleges to explore our exhibitions.
Self-led visits are available on Wednesdays 11-4pm.
Please note that we require at least 4 weeks notice before a visit.
Read our guidance below and get in touch through the enquiry form to book your visit.
Self-led visits to our current exhibition are fully booked. Please join our ‘Schools’ mailing list to be the first to find out about when bookings open.
- You will be greeted at reception by a member of the education team on arrival.
- We do not have a cloakroom however the Clore Studio is available to book for use as a cloakroom, lunch space or activity space. Just let us know
- Our exhibitions programme changes throughout the year. Please check the What’s On page to see which exhibitions will be on display when you plan to visit.
- Where possible, we encourage teachers to make a visit to the exhibitions beforehand in order to assess the suitability for their groups.
- Teachers are responsible for the behaviour and conduct of students at all times.
- We ask groups to maintain a staff to student ratio of 1:10 students
- Please note the SLG has two buildings which are a short walk from one another: the main gallery and the fire station gallery
- The main gallery is a single large space and is able to accommodate groups of up to 30, depending on the exhibition layout
- In the fire station building, there are 4 smaller gallery spaces. Groups will need to split into groups of 6 to enter each room with one staff member per group
I’ve never heard my pupils talk so articulately about art before, I want to come back and record them