Join special guests Theatre Peckham at Sunday Spot Carnival! in celebration of the carnival traditions of the Caribbean. Create percussion instruments, masks and carnival costumes, and take part in a mini carnival procession. Bring the calypso of your imagination to life and enjoy the festivities at the South London Gallery this weekend!
Sessions are self-directed and open to all, but designed for children aged 3-12 years old. The space is supported by the SLG’s Art and Play team.
Please book 1 ticket per family group of under 6 people; for family groups of more than 6, please book 2 tickets. We welcome families in every form.
Our artist-led Sunday Spot workshops are open on the last Sunday of the month.
- Families will be allocated their own space to work in the studio and, to maintain social distancing between bubbles, will be asked to keep to this space as much as possible, .
- The garden space will be open and accessible for families to stretch out if they need to get moving.
- Materials will be individualised so that there is no sharing of materials between bubbles.
- Parents or carers will be asked to wear face masks inside, unless exempt.
We’ll be following government guidance, so please be advised that sessions may be cancelled if new restrictions come into place and check ahead of making your journey.
- The session is free but ticketed, visitors must have a booking to access the activity.
- The room is likely to be noisy.
- The activity is not seated. Chairs are available upon request.
- Ear plugs, ear defenders, magnifying glasses and wheelchairs are all available.