Join artist Judith Brocklehurst live from her studio for an interactive workshop using everyday materials. Make one-minute sculptures and explore the possibilities of blankets, cushions and string to make a gallery for your sculpture. Help each other out with hints and instructions.
This activity is designed for young children under adult supervision. You will need:
- To be able to access the sessions through Zoom
- A collection of boxes pots and containers from your recycling
- Tape and scissors
- Any kind of paper and something you can draw with
- String (if you have some)
- Torch (you can use your phone)
- A space in which to make and play (any space that you don’t mind getting untidy!)
If there’s anything that you don’t have, feel free to bring along your own alternatives.
The sessions are open to all, but designed for children aged under 5 years old.
Earlier this year, artist Judith Brocklehurst launched a new Sunday Spot Play Space commission for families to enjoy on Sunday afternoons at the SLG. The commission has been on pause due to Covid-19. These online sessions are a fun way to bring Sunday Spot to you at home!
- We are going to use the free online platform Zoom. You can use Zoom via your laptop, PC and Mac or you can download the app for free for your tablets and smart phones following this link: https://zoom.us/download
- Once you have registered, the Zoom link will be emailed to you before the workshop. If you do not receive this, contact Heather email@example.com who will send you the link.
- Click on the link provided to join the meeting and you will enter a Waiting Room. Attendees will be admitted to the live workshop at the start of the session.
- If you have any problems with using Zoom, please contact Heather firstname.lastname@example.org who will happily help however possible.
- By booking this session you are consenting to have your camera on in order to participate in collaborative activities.
- The sessions will not be captioned.