For this Play Space commission, designer Tania Raizada has created moveable transparent screens that will allow children to experiment with the way that light can be manipulated and distorted.
Families will have a range of materials to work with that can be added and layered on each screen. Shining a torch on your creation will project a unique image across the gallery walls.
Sessions are self-directed and open to all, but designed for children aged 0-5 years old. The space is supported by the SLG’s Art and Play team.
Please book one ticket per family group of under six people; for family groups of more than six, please book two tickets. We welcome families in every form.
This is a FREE session but please inform us in case of cancellation, as each session is limited to 6 family tickets for covid-safety.
- Families will be allocated their own space to work in the studio, to maintain social distancing between bubbles, and asked to keep to their own space as much as possible.
- The garden space, next to the Clore Studio, will be open and accessible for families to stretch out if they need to get moving.
- Materials will be individualised so that there is no sharing of materials between bubbles.
- Parents or carers will be asked to wear face masks inside, unless exempt.
- Materials will be cleaned or quarantined between sessions.
- We’ll be following government guidance, so please be advised that sessions may be cancelled if new restrictions come into place and check ahead of making your journey.
- The session is free but ticketed, visitors must have a booking to access the activity.
- The room is likely to be noisy.
- The activity is not seated. Chairs are available upon request.
- Ear plugs, ear defenders, magnifying glasses and wheelchairs are all available.
- The workshop includes the use of torches in a darkened space which may cause discomfort or be unsuitable for people with photosensitive epilepsy.
Since 2019 the SLG has collaborated with University of the Arts London BA Interior and Spatial Design students to design a new commission for our Sunday Spot Play Space. Tania Raizada was selected for the autumn 2021 commission.