We’ve been missing Crane’s Kitchen during our temporary closure and are delighted to share one of our favourite recipes from their brunch menu to make at home.
Goat’s Cheese and Heritage Tomato Bruschetta
(To feed two)
- 60g soft goat’s cheese
- 30ml double cream
- Fresh bread, thickly sliced
- 3 heritage tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped basil leaves
- 1 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil
- Maldon sea salt
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and in a bowl, mix with the basil leaves and a splash of olive oil. Season and set aside.
- Toast the seeds in a dry pan.
- Slice the bread into thick slices and toast or put on a baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil and Maldon sea salt and bake at 160C for 5-6 minutes until crisp and lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- Break up the goat’s cheese into small pieces and either blend in a small bowl mixer, or whisk by hand until smooth and softened. Once smooth, mix in the double cream, being careful not to overmix. You can use feta if you do not have a soft goat’s cheese.
- To assemble spread the cheese mix onto the toast, top with tomatoes and sprinkle with seeds. Enjoy!