Please note the email confirmation of your booking also acts as your event ticket.
Make natural dyes from food waste, create your own patterned material and take home hand-dyed fabric.
Jordan Maxwell, founder of SALT Textiles, guides this morning workshop, offering a chance to learn about fabrics and sustainability, and to reconnect with the magic of plants and their natural colours.
You’ll be introduced to the basics of natural dyeing, learn how to use simple botanical and food-based dyes at home, and experiment with bundle dyeing techniques to explore patterns and colour.
Over the afternoon we’ll cover:
- How to make dye matter from plant and food waste
- Non-toxic modifiers
- Knowledge about fabrics
- A basic home dyeing practice
This workshop is open to all abilities and ages. All materials are included.
Participants are asked to bring a re-usable waterproof bag.
Please email any allergies to email@example.com 48 hours before the workshop.
- Seating is available.
- The event is two hours long, with no break.
- The activity will involve listening to the workshop leader and using your hands to dye different fabrics.
- The event takes place on the second floor which is accessible via a lift or stairs.
- Ear plugs, ear defenders, magnifying glasses and wheelchairs are all available.
For more information on access at the SLG please read here.